WHITNEY PLANTATION SELF-GUIDED AUDIO TOUR
THE EVERYDAY LIFE AT THE WHITNEY PLANTATION SEEN THROUGH THE LENS OF SLAVERY
BY LEGENDARY TOURS NOLA
Within the boundaries of the “Habitation Haydel,” as the Whitney Plantation was originally known, the story of the Haydel family of German immigrants and the slaves that they held were intertwined. In 2014, the Whitney Plantation opened its doors to the public for the first time in its 262 year history as the only plantation museum in Louisiana with a focus on slavery. Through museum exhibits, memorial artwork, restored buildings and hundreds of first-person slave narratives, visitors to Whitney will gain a unique perspective on the lives of Louisiana’s enslaved people. To reserve click on the link below or call 504-471-1499.
- Availability: Friday through Monday
- Duration: 5 1/2 Hours
- Tour Time: Self-guided You must download the “Whitney Plantation” app on your mobile device in order to take the tour.
- Hotels pick up time begins at 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. for the 11:00a.m. Whitney Plantation Tour we ask for you to be ready at 9:00 a.m. the thirty minute window is for the driver to complete all hotel pickups.
- Hotels return time approximately 2:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Price includes roundtrip transportation and admission
WHITNEY PLANTATION TOUR PRICES:
- Adult $68.00 per person
- Child 5-12 years old $45.00 per person
- Child 0-4 years-old Free
TICKETS, PAYMENT, AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
- All reservations must be pre-paid by credit card and are subject to availability which is a minimum of five guests.
- 24-hour minimum cancellation notice must be given to receive refund.
- Guests purchasing tour will receive confirmation by email.
- We recommend all guests call to confirm your reservation 24-hours prior to the day of your tour.
- If you reserve less than 24-hours in advance, please call 504-471-1499 to confirm your reservation.