HEART OF THE CITY BIKE TOUR
TRACE THE COLONIAL HISTORY AND CULTURAL TREASURES OF NEW ORLEANS BY BICYCLE
BY FLAMBEAUX BIKE TOURS
On our Heart of the City small group bike tour you will trace the colonial history of New Orleans and its cultural treasures. Pedal through the flat, storied streets of the French Quarter, Faubourg Treme, and other historic New Orleans areas while learning facts about New Orleans history from one of our expert guides. Exploring the city by bike lets you cover more ground than a walking tour but with the flexibility to stop often to take in your surroundings.
What to Expect
Hop on one of our professionally maintained Public Bikes at our shop in the French Quarter (626 North Rampart St.) and set off with a guide and small group of no more than 10 to explore the most famous neighborhood in New Orleans. Then, venture beyond the Quarter to learn about the city’s rich Creole history and heritage, starting from its founding in 1718.
Pedal along the banks of the Mississippi River and through the oldest neighborhoods of New Orleans—the Vieux Carré, Faubourg Marigny, the Bywater, Faubourg St. Roch, and Faubourg Treme. Cruise through Louis Armstrong Park and Congo Square and into the legendary St. Louis Cemetery No. 2. Stop along the way to hear about New Orleans heritage, especially the development of jazz and the colorful innovators who created it.
The tour returns to its departure point.
Places you will visit:
The French Quarter
The Mississippi River
Faubourg St. Roch
Louis Armstrong Park & Congo Square
St. Roch Cemetery (St. Louis Cemetery no. 2 is temporarily closed)
- In order for the tour to operate a minimum of 2 people must book. Once two riders have booked our software will allow single riders.
- To go on the tour one must be over 13 years of age and taller then 4’11”.
Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Tours are limited to 10 people. (If you have a larger group contact us and we will arrange a tour for you).
- The tour is $45 per person and includes a bicycle, helmet, and bottled water.
- The tour is a total of 6 miles traveled at a very leisurely pace.
- 48 hour notice of cancellation is required.
- Please arrive for the tour 15 minutes before departure time.
- Tours roll rain or shine.
In the event of inclement weather before the tour, participants can either reschedule or be refunded. We do not offer refunds once the tour embarks.